Those surviving who will cherish Dotty’s memory include her children, Robert C. Hartman, Bryon D. Hartman, Mark A. Hartman, Bradley J. Hartman, David L. Hartman, and Bridget Ballew, all of Sunman, and Regina Walter of Canaan, Indiana; 13 grandchildren; 2 great grandchildren; sisters, Doris Baker of Lawrenceburg, Lola Stein of Celina, OH, and Bonnie Mitchell of Batesville, and one brother, James Bradley of New Point. Besides her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Kendra Goff Hartman, and brothers, Carl and Robert Bradley. Dotty C. Hartman, of Sunman, was born on March 6, 1953 in Milan, the daughter of Harry and Helen L. Schurick Bradley. She married Robert J. Hartman on June 10, 1978 in Lawrenceburg, and he preceded her in death on June 13, 2015. Dotty had been a slot attendant at Argosy Casino and was a member of St. John Lutheran-Hubbell’s Corner. She enjoyed camping and loved spending time with her family. On Friday, December 16, 2016, at the age of 63, Dotty passed away at St. Andrew’s Health Campus in Batesville, with her family by her side. Memorial contributions may be directed to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Fund. To sign the online guestbook or to leave a personal condolence, please visit www.cookrosenberger.com. The staff of Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of Dotty Hartman. Visitation for friends and family is on Thursday, December 22, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 1p.m. at St. John Lutheran Church, Hubbell’s Corner. Pastor Tom Frey will officiate the funeral service at 1p.m. Burial will follow in Evangelical Union Cemetery, next to the church.
The 46-year-old Uruguayan, who had been touted as a possible replacement for Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton, committed himself to the Black Cats until 2016 when he put pen to paper at the Stadium of Light on Wednesday evening. Now Poyet, who kept the club in the Barclays Premier League against all odds with an astonishing finish to last season, is looking to ensure he never has to pull off another great escape. Press Association Sunderland head coach Gus Poyet is preparing himself for a “different” challenge after ending speculation over his future by signing a new contract. However, having held a series of discussions with owner Ellis Short and sporting director Lee Congerton, matters appear to have been resolved to the satisfaction of all parties. The announcement of Poyet’s new deal came just hours after the Black Cats confirmed the capture of out-of-contract West Brom defender Billy Jones on a four-year deal, and work is continuing behind the scenes to reshape the squad for the new season. Congerton said: “We are naturally delighted that Gus has committed his long-term future to Sunderland. “Our plans are well under way in terms of summer recruitment and we are working hard to bring new faces to the squad ahead of the 2014-15 season.” He said: “I am delighted to extend my stay with Sunderland AFC after an unbelievable season and our famous Great Escape. “Now it’s a different challenge for me and the club and I am relishing the next stage with Sunderland. “We achieved so much last season, working together – the club and the fans – and we took many good memories from the season. “The prospect of creating more of those memories is one which excites me, and now I cannot wait for the next chapter in my career and the history of Sunderland AFC.” Poyet arrived on Wearside in October last year and waded into the morass left by predecessor Paolo Di Canio with the club languishing at the foot of the table with just a single point from its first seven games. Despite extended runs in both domestic cup competitions – they reached the final of the Capital One Cup only to lose to Manchester City at Wembley – they remained in serious danger of dropping out of the top flight. However, an unlikely sequence of results saw them take seven points from a possible nine on the road at City, Chelsea and Manchester United to claw back a seven-point deficit and eventually finish in 14th place. In the depths of Sunderland’s despair, Poyet had voiced his fears over underlying problems, and seemed less than happy with his title of head coach rather than manager.
The tour of Australia will be the last leg of the defining overseas tour this year for Virat Kohli-led Team India and after their failure to grab opportunities and win the series in South Africa and England, the pressure will be on its peak.In both the tours of South Africa and England, it were mostly the batsmen who let the team down by not scoring enough while the bowlers managed to pick 20 wickets almost every time.Though India will begin the Australia with a T20I series, starting November 21, the first Test will take place from December 6 and India fast bowler Mohammed Shami has already begun his preparations.Shami conceded that they are watching videos in order to prepare for the tour Down Under and will focus on “getting the line and length right”.”As a fast bowling unit, we did well in England. We are preparing for the Australia series and watching a lot of videos. The plan is to focus on the series as much as possible as the opponents are very strong. We will work on getting the line and length right,” Shami told reporters in Kolkata.Shami said winning or losing aside, the bowlers and the entire Team India will look to put their all on the pitch.”We will always try to do our best. Winning or losing also depends on luck. We will give our 100 per cent,” Shami said.Experts have termed this tour as India’s best chance to win a Test series Down Under considering Australia’s current form and the absence of their two key batsmen in Steve Smith and David Warner.advertisementSmith and Warner were banned for a year by Cricket Australia following a system-shaking ball-tampering scandal in Cape Town in March, earlier this year.However, recent reports have come that the board is considering reducing the bans on Smith, Warner and Bancroft after a thorough check in the entire Australian cricket system showed how much the board was on fault for letting such a culture breed in the national team.Shami felt that the absence of Smith and Warner definitely weakens the Australian team but in the end, it is about sticking to their strengths for Team India.”If those two don’t play, they will obviously be weakened. But in the end, you have to stick to your plan and work on your strengths,” Shami further said.Asked if Shami is looking ahead to the 2019 ICC World Cup next year, he said, “It depends on who is fit and who is not during that time. My performance will be evaluated and and I will expect to get a chance if I do well.”If I don’t, I have to accept that too. That’s too far away. We always think about the next series and that is more important for us.India squad for 4 Tests versus Australia:Virat Kohli (C), M Vijay, KL Rahul, Prithvi Shaw, Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Parthiv Patel, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Ishant, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.(With PTI inputs)