Lloyds Banking Group has produced a new limited edition Pudsey Moneybox for this year’s BBC Children in Need.The moneybox will be for sale exclusively in Lloyds branches nationwide for £5, all of which will go to BBC Children in Need. 65,000 will be available in the lead up to this year’s televised Appeal which takes place on Friday 18th November.Owners of the moneybox can customise it by drawing on the white board Pudsey is holding with the pen provided.Lloyds Bank produced its first limited edition Pudsey Moneybox last year. It sold 57,000 of them raising £260,000 for the charity. This year TV presenter Julia Bradbury unveiled the Pudsey Moneybox at the Lloyds Bank Wood Green branch with pupils from Osidge Primary School.Stuart Beaver, director, Partnership & Community Programmes, Lloyds Banking Group said:“We are really excited to be launching our new Pudsey Moneybox to raise funds to help disadvantaged children and young people. Last year’s moneybox was an overwhelming success with great feedback from the public and lots of money raised.”Lloyds Banking Group is the charity’s first Principal Partner, and exclusive schools fundraising partner. Other fundraising initiatives run by Lloyds for the charity include ‘The Big Spotacular’ schools fundraising campaign and the Tour de Pudsey, a 300-mile cycle challenge, which 60 colleagues participated in over 3.5 days.Images copyright onEdition 2016©. Main image Julia Bradbury and children from the Osidge Primary School. AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis23 Lloyds Bank unveils new Pudsey moneybox for BBC Children in Need 139 total views, 1 views today Tagged with: BBC Children in Need corporate About Melanie May Melanie May is a journalist and copywriter specialising in writing both for and about the charity and marketing services sectors since 2001. She can be reached via www.thepurplepim.com. Melanie May | 27 October 2016 | News 140 total views, 2 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis23 Advertisement
The last place anyone experiencing a mental health crisis should be is in a busy A&E department let alone a police cell. We are funding a range of innovative local projects that will provide a safety net for those at risk of mental health crisis and make sure they receive the care they need in a safe and secure setting. This builds on our previous grant scheme and will strengthen essential services to help prevent people from reaching crisis point, whilst improving support for those who do. The Beyond Places of Safety scheme will fund clinics, crisis cafés and other community services designed to prevent people from reaching crisis point, as well as develop new approaches to support those who do.51 projects will receive a cash boost to improve support. They will do this by: Timely support will help relieve pressures on hospitals by reducing unnecessary visits to A&E for those experiencing a crisis. The projects also include measures to strengthen the long-term support available to those at risk of a mental health crisis and to help prevent relapse.Jackie Doyle-Price, Minister for Mental Health and Inequalities, said: The Beyond Places of Safety fund was launched last year by the Prime Minister and follows the success of a previous scheme that helped to develop hospital-based ‘places of safety’ for people experiencing a crisis to avoid them ending up in police cells. Since this scheme started, the number of detentions in police cells under the Mental Health Act has fallen by over 90%.As part of the Improving Places of Safety scheme, nearly 50 projects received funding, including: integrating health and care support with other services such as housing advice, addiction services and counselling improving links with local voluntary and community sector partners providing safe and secure spaces in the community for those experiencing distress City of York – Safe Haven Humber NHS Foundation Trust
Ryanair, Europe’s largest airline, has been flying 10 flights to / from Zadar since the beginning of July. Also, the Polish national airline LOT also landed in Zadar yesterday, and the flight from Warsaw to Zadar will operate once a week. Like many others. Clearly, all these data are far from last year’s record numbers of tourist traffic in Zadar, but given the pandemic circumstances in March, April and May and the fact that tourism is just beginning to happen, they are not catastrophic, especially after the “Adria Tour case” “The decline in tourist traffic is significant, but in the case of Zadar it is not so catastrophic. Of course, we all expect a speedy recovery of tourist traffic due to the importance of tourism in the economy of Zadar and the whole country, so the fact that most European countries see Croatia as a safe destination is now really encouraging. It seems that better numbers can be expected during July and August, when during the holidays many will head to tourist destinations outside their countries, but we can also expect a significant arrival of domestic guests. For Zadar, the re-establishment of air traffic is especially important”They emphasize in the Zadar Tourist Board. Thus, when compared to last year’s figures for tourist traffic in Zadar, June’s 30 percent share in overnight stays and 25 percent in arrivals, in circumstances when most European countries have not yet opened their borders, it really does not seem so bad. And this is in the framework at the national level as well as expected and forecasts before the start of the season. Surely everyone would sign 30% of the turnover immediately before the start of the tourist season, and anything beyond that will be a great result in this uncertain year. From the first day of July, planes of low-cost airlines finally took off for Zadar. So are the 5.270 tourists who visited Zadar on July 2 (14,6 thousand on the same day last year) or 36 percent of last year’s figures. When it comes to overnight stays of domestic and foreign guests for the same six-month period, Zadar with 150 thousand overnight stays holds the ninth position in Croatia ahead of Split, Opatija, Crikvenica and other destinations. This tells us that although at the level of daily monitoring, tourist traffic is recovering somewhat and that the “Adria Tour case” has not left long-term negative consequences for Zadar. At least according to current data. According to the eVisitor system, Zadar ranks sixth in terms of tourist arrivals in the Republic of Croatia from the beginning of the year to the end of June (43 arrivals). Most of the work was done in household facilities (42 percent) and hotels (32 percent), while camps, non-commercial accommodation and other catering accommodation with an additional 26 percent of turnover statistically filled the overall figures. Zadar Airport Croats and Germans make up half of the guests in Zadar During June, most tourist overnight stays in Zadar were realized by Croats with a share in total overnight stays of 30 percent, and after domestic guests the best were Germans with a share of 22 percent, followed by Austrians with 13 percent, Slovenes with 11 percent, Czechs with 5 percent, Hungarians with 3 percent, while guests from Poland, Slovakia, Italy and Bosnia and Herzegovina each had a 2 percent share in total overnight stays. Domestic tourists realized a little more than 22 thousand overnight stays, while foreign guests had about 51 thousand overnight stays. When it comes to organizing tourist arrivals, 79 percent of guests came individually, while 21 percent of tourists arrived in Zadar through travel agencies.