Image by Darren McGee / Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo.ALBANY — Wednesday marked the 179th day since the Coronavirus arrived in New York and Governor Andrew Cuomo says the data continues to trend in the right direction statewide.Across New York, 71,189 COVID-19 tests were conducted Tuesday with 566 coming back positive — an infection rate of .79%. It was the 19th straight day of an infection rate less than 1%. The governor said three New Yorkers died Tuesday and 492 New Yorkers remain hospitalized with the virus.“Situation was good all across the state, but we still have a caution flag in Western New York, which was at 1.4%,” Gov. Cuomo said. “It’s better today than where it was, but not where it should be.”The governor questioned the CDC’s new guidelines which say that if someone is in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, they don’t need to get tested. “The CDC reversed their guidance, saying that ‘if you’re in close contact with someone who has COVID you don’t need a test,” Gov. Cuomo said. “I’ve spoken with medical experts, this makes no sense. It’s the president’s policy of denying the problem.The CDC changed the recommendations on its website Monday in a surprise move.The site now says: “If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of a person with a COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes but do not have symptoms, you do not necessarily need a test unless you are a vulnerable individual or your health care provider or State or local public health officials recommend you take one.”“Shame on the people of the CDC,” Gov. Cuomo said. “This will not look well in the scope of the history. What plausible rationale would say, ‘if you’re in close contact with a person who has COVID, you don’t need a test.’”“This is indefensible from a public health standpoint,” said New York State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker. “It makes no sense. I’ve talked to CDC scientists and they say this is all political.”Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and public health professor at George Washington University, agrees with Dr. Zucker, telling CNN that the changes make no sense.“These are exactly the people who should be tested … I’m concerned that these recommendations suggest someone who has had substantial exposure to a person with Covid-19 now doesn’t need to get tested,” Dr. Wen said.The governor was also critical of President Donald Trump’s nomination of Chad Wolf, acting Homeland Security Secretary, to take over the role on a more permanent basis. Gov. Cuomo blamed Wolf for his role with the Trusted Traveler Program dispute with the federal government, spurred by the Green Light Law in New York state.The governor called Wolf a political operative and said he isn’t qualified for the position. He previously called on the Department of Justice to investigate Homeland Security over the incident. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Credit Unions for Kids, a main staple at the GAC, is one of the primary conduits that display credit unions’ amazing generosity — especially helping kids at our nation’s Children’s Hospitals Network . To see how it all works, we invited the organization’s Senior Director Joe Dearborn back to the Studio Lounge for a quick chat on that topic — as well as 2015 record-setting performance, campaigns planned for 2016, how credit unions can get involved, and much more. continue reading » 1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Ten suspects, including some reputed gang members, were arrested on gun and drug charges in Hempstead and Uniondale, authorities announced Wednesday along with making a plea for tips regarding three murders last week.Four of the suspects were rounded up this week, another six were busted in recent months and more are still being sought as a part of a year-old continuing joint investigation involving federal agents, Nassau County police and Hempstead village police, authorities said.“These are significant players,” Michael Harpster, FBI special-agent-in-charge of the criminal division in the New York office, told reporters. “There’s no boundaries to what these guys will do or where these guys will go.”None of the suspects has been charged in the three Hempstead murders in a five-day span last week. Authorities said that Crime Stoppers has doubled the reward for information in those cases to $10,000 from the usual $5,000.“I know someone out there knows who the perpetrator was,” Hempstead Mayor Wayne Hall said. “We are asking you to come forward.”The murder victims include: 45-year-old Jonathan Wade of Hempstead, who was shot in his car and then crashed it into three boys at a nearby school on June 30; 30-year-old Gerraud Hill of Malverne, who was shot while driving and crashed his car into a house on July 3; and 28-year-old Victor Benitez, who was found shot dead on Clinton Avenue on the Fourth of July.“I believe one of those cases may be gang-related, but I wouldn’t say definitively,” Nassau Police Chief of Department Steven Skrynecki said of the murders.Among those facing unrelated federal charges are three previously convicted drug dealers from Hempstead, including one who allegedly shot and wounded a man in December while defending his drug-dealing turf and another who is accused of keeping a loaded semi-automatic handgun in his son’s baby stroller while at a park.The rest of the suspects are facing charges in Nassau criminal court. Those counts include criminal sale of a controlled substance, criminal sale of a firearm and gang assault, among others. One suspect is charged with menacing a Hempstead village police officer with a weapon.Several suspects are allegedly members of the Bloods street gang, and at least one is a member of their rival, the Crips, according to investigators.Also assisting in the continuing investigation were agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.Detectives request anyone with information regarding these crimes to call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.From left: Hempstead homicide victims Jonathan Wade, Victor Benitez and Gerraud Hill.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Advertisement Arteta was delighted after the final whistle (Picture: Getty Images)Mikel Arteta has thanked Pep Guardiola for his part in moulding him as a manager after the Spaniard led Arsenal to a 2-1 FA Cup final win over Chelsea.Arteta was under Guardiola’s wing at Manchester City for three years, learning from one of the top coaches in world football, before replacing Unai Emery at the Emirates in December.That vital experience under Pep looks to have played a pivotal role in the 38-year-old’s development as he claimed his first piece of silverware as a manager with the win against Frank Lampard’s side at Wembley.Speaking after the final whistle, Arteta was quick to give thanks to his former mentor.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘I miss my family so much they have been all the way with me,’ Arteta told BT Sport.‘Thank you as well I have to thank you Pep in a very big way because I am a manager in a big part to him so I think I have to consider that as well.’ Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 1 Aug 2020 8:19 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link4.8kShares Mikel Arteta sends class message to Pep Guardiola after Arsenal beat Chelsea in FA Cup final Comment Guardiola was Arteta’s mentor at City (Picture: Getty Images)After Christian Pulisic’s opener on the five-minute mark, a brace from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang sunk the Blues in an action-packed game in which Lampard’s side suffered three major injuries and a red card.Both Cesar Azpilicueta and Pulisic went off with hamstring injuries, while Pedro had to be stretchered away after seemingly dislocating his shoulder in the dying embers of the match.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalMateo Kovacic was given a second yellow card and sent off in the second half for an innocuous looking challenge on Granit Xhaka.The Blues couldn’t muster a comeback as Arsenal hung on to extend their record number of FA Cup wins to 14.MORE: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang inspires Arsenal FA Cup win over ChelseaMORE: Chris Sutton accuses Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of ‘cheating’ in FA Cup final vs ChelseaFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and InstagramFor more stories like this, check our sport page
2/15 Griffith Street, New FarmA LUXURY apartment on a tightly held riverfront street has sold for more than $1.5 million.A local family bought the three-bedroom unit at 2/15 Griffith St, New Farm, for $1.575 million.It was listed for sale in April.Ray White New Farm sales consultant Karla Lynch said it was on the market for such a long time because the seller was looking for a particular price.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019“What we were selling was really the position and the building and the fact that you can’t get it anywhere else,” she said. 2/15 Griffith Street, New FarmShe said it generated a lot of interest, particularly among local people because they understood how rare it was to snag a property on the tightly held riverfront street.“We had about 150 groups go through the apartment,” Ms Lynch said.The buyers were going to rent it out for a few years before moving in once their children left the family home.“They wanted to make sure they were able to buy now rather than look at the market in three to four years and prices change even more dramatically,” Mrs Lynch said.She added that the location was in high demand.
The €6.8bn Italian chemical sector pension fund Fonchim has launched tenders for €1.75bn worth of investment management mandates.Within its stability sub-fund – which had €6.1bn at the end of last month – Milan-based Fonchim is seeking managers for two active balanced mandates each for around €680m initially.It has also tendered for an emerging markets bond mandate involving an initial asset value of €118m, and a €30m mandate to invest in the Italian economy.In its €518m growth sub-fund, Fonchim wants a manager for a balanced passive investment worth an estimated €240m. All contracts are for five years, and applications are due by noon local time on 30 September.Pegaso’s board seeks finance adviserItaly’s Fondo Pensione Complementare Pegaso, the contractual pension fund for employees in the utilities sector, is on the hunt for an adviser to support the management board and the finance department.The Rome-based pension fund has put out a tender for a five-year contract, set to run to the end of December 2024.Pegaso listed a number of tasks required of the successful adviser, including the construction of a pensions valuation model which can be individualised and updated; analysis of the inflows and outflows of the pension profiles; manager selection and monitoring; and supporting ESG integration into the pension fund’s investment process.The deadline for applications is 1pm local time on 19 September.Mediafond to favour ESG managers in equities, bonds tendersMediafond, the supplementary pension fund for workers in Italy’s private radio, television and media sectors, has launched a tender for two investment mandates.The pension fund’s board has decided to tender for managers for its equities and bonds sub-funds, with the current pair of contracts expiring on 31 January 2020.In its announcement, Mediafond said preference would be given to firms integrating ESG (environmental, social and governance factors) into their management processes.The equities sub-fund, which had €28.3m on 28 June, is to be benchmarked against the euro-hedged MSCI World index, the dollar-denominated MSCI World index and the dollar-denominated MSCI Emerging index. The three indices are to carry weights of 70%, 20% and 10% respectively within the portfolio.The bond sub-fund, which has around €83.2m of assets, is to be benchmarked against the ICE BoAML Global Credit index, the ICE BoAML Global High Yield & Crossover Country Corporate & Government index, the ICE BoAML 1-3 Year Euro Government index and the ICE BoAML Euro Inflation-Linked Government index. The four indices will carry respective weights of 69%, 12.5, 10% and 8.5%.Both mandates were for three years, Mediafond said, and were extendable for a further three years.The deadline for applications is 2pm local time on 10 September 2019.
MyStyle Homes is a finalist for HIA’s People’s Choice Award as part of their annual Australian Housing Awards for their spectacular MyPanorama property in City View. MyStyle co-owners Grant Hartwig and Heather Ghidella live at the property.A STUNNING Cairns home overlooking the entire city is up for a major national housing award but it is going to take people power to help get it over the line.MyStyle Homes co-owners Grant Hartwig and Heather Ghidella aren’t just the brains behind MyPanorama, set on Summerhill Drive at City View, they also live in it. MyPanorama property on Summerhill Dr at City View.Even months after moving in Mr Hartwig said he still has to “pinch himself” over the stunning views, with even the flashing lights of the shipping channel in Trinity Inlet visible at night. Stunning views out to the Great Barrier Reef.The three-level, four-bedroom property cleaned up at last year’s North Queensland finals of the Housing Industry Association awards, taking out 11 prizes including the Home of the Year top gong.As the regional winner has now been named as one of 10 national finalists in the HIA-CSR’s People’s Choice Awards. MyStyle Homes co-owners Grant Hartwig and Heather Ghidella.Mr Hartwig said the home was the couple’s “dreams coming true” and hoped they could take out the national prize.“Not so much for us but the whole region,” he said.More from newsCairns home ticks popular internet search terms2 days agoTen auction results from ‘active’ weekend in Cairns2 days ago“It’s North Queensland up against the rest of Australia.” The media room of MyPanorama.He said the property’s opulent media room was his favourite in the house when he was “allowed” to binge watch James Bond movies.Voting closes at midnight on May 17 with the winner to be announced in an online ceremony after COVID-19 forced the cancellation of the annual awards event.You can vote for MyPanorama here.
Adjustments to the organisation of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be required to reduce the additional costs resulting from the postponement of the Games until 2021, according to a senior International Olympic Committee (IOC) official. “All of us have to look at whether what we are going to do is exactly the same a year from now, or whether we will have to adjust. “It is a combined effort from everyone to look at what will be needed, what we have to adjust and address, and this work has started with Tokyo 2020. “A number of things they can look at maybe slightly differently. “Where can we find different solutions to reduce the pressure? “We are looking at the entire piece and see where we can gain efficiencies.” Dubi cited securing the Athletes’ Village and the other 41 venues needed for the Games as the key priority for the “Here We Go” task force, created to navigate the challenges stemming from the postponement. He said the IOC was aiming to have some of the venues guaranteed “in a matter of weeks”, but declined to give an exact timeline. Dubi claimed the IOC was hopeful negotiations regarding the venues would go “in the right direction” so they can recreate the “fabulous” Tokyo 2020 masterplan. The IOC director also warned it would be a “massive undertaking” to secure both the competition and non-competition venues, which even IOC President Thomas Bach has admitted may not be available for the rearranged Games. read also:IOC tells NOCs to expect decision on new dates for Tokyo Games The IOC and Tokyo 2020 announced this week the Olympics would run from July 23 to August 8 2021, with the Paralympics following from August 24 to September 5. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Christophe Dubi, the IOC executive director for the Olympic Games, said costs would need to be trimmed from a number of areas to help alleviate the financial consequences of the decision to delay the event by a year. Speaking on a conference call today, Dubi declined to reveal who would carry the burden of the extra costs but said they would be incurred by both the IOC and Tokyo 2020. “What is being recognised is that there will be additional costs on one side for the Tokyo Organising Committee and there will be additional costs for the IOC and Olympic family,” Dubi said. “We are looking into those with great detail. “It is tens of thousands of lines of budget that need to be reviewed.” Tokyo 2020 chief executive Toshirō Mutō has warned the cost of rescheduling the Olympics and Paralympics will be “massive”. Organising Committee President Yoshirō Mori admitted deciding who foots the bill will be a “major challenge” in a letter to International Federations, as exclusively revealed by insidethegames. Dubi claimed the IOC and Tokyo 2020, through a task force established after the Games were pushed back to 2021 because of growing international concern over the coronavirus pandemic, would look at ways to “ease the pressure” on organisers. “When it comes to all of us – the IOC, media organisations and everyone that has an operation in Tokyo – we are facing a different landscape,” Dubi said. Loading… Promoted Content10 Awesome 2019 Movies You Probably Missed7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?27 Breathtakingly Beautiful Albino AnimalsPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti8 Shows That Went From “Funny” To “Why Am I Watching This”What Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?The Biggest Cities In The World So FarBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World10 Irresistibly Gorgeous Asian Actresses
The 7th Grade Lady Dog Basketball team notched their first win of the season earning a 35-20 victory over Waldron.The leading scorers were Carlie Werner with 14 points and Liz Heidlage with 13 points. Anna Bauer hit two big shots in the third quarter scoring four points, while Ellie Cassidy and Abigail Westerfeld chipped in with 2 points each.The team’s record improves to 1-1 on the season.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Shelly Prickel.The BMS 8th Grade Girls’ Basketball Team lost to Waldron by a score of 45 to 20.Kendall Dickman led the team in scoring with 14 points. Carly Fitzpatrick and Gabby Gibbs contributed well coming off the bench with Gabby grabbing 5 rebounds and Carly creating 2 steals.Score by quarter:Waldron 12 24 34 45BMS: 7 12 16 20Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Thomas Barnett.