Laura Osnes to Lead Workshop of Broadway-Bound Somewhere in Time

first_img View Comments Laura Osnes Tony nominee and Broadway.com Audience Choice Award winner Laura Osnes will star in an upcoming workshop presentation of Somewhere in Time, the Broadway-bound musical based on the Richard Matheson novel and film of the same name. The tuner features music by Doug Katsaros, lyrics by Amanda Yesnowitz and a book by Ken Davenport. Dan Knechtges will direct and choreograph. The workshop performances are set to take place on February 13, 2015.Osnes made her Broadway debut in Grease, and has since starred in South Pacific, Anything Goes, Bonnie and Clyde and Cinderella. She also appeared in the off-Broadway revival of The Threepenny Opera and the Encores! concert production of Faust earlier this year. Additional casting will be announced later.Somewhere in Time follows Richard Collier, a young playwright who has an encounter with a mysterious old woman on the opening night of his earliest success. Several years later, he checks in to a storied hotel from his youth. But his stay turns into a journey of a lifetime as he unravels history to discover a powerful (but perhaps impossible) love with Elise McKenna (Osnes), an elusive and captivating actress from the early twentieth century.The musical received its world premiere in May of 2013 at Oregon’s Portland Center Stage. The Scott Schwartz-helmed production starred Andrew Samonsky, Hannah Elless, Marc Kudisch and David Cryer.center_img Star Fileslast_img read more

You could live like comedy royalty Johnny Carson did…if you have a spare $100m

first_imgJohnny Carson’s former Malibu home. Picture supplied: Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and Hilton & HylandAn entertainment level leads to an outdoor lounge and there is a media room and bar plus a wine cellar.The main bedroom takes up the entire second floor of the home. It has his and her bathrooms, walk-in wardrobes and two separate offices. Johnny Carson’s former home. Picture supplied: Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and Hilton & HylandThe home was designed by architect Ed Niles and sits on well manicured grounds, at Point Dume.It may only have two bedrooms but it comes with a big price tag.It has panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastline along with beach access. Directly across from the main grounds, is a waterfall, Koi pond and saltwater pool.There is a tennis court on the property which a Coldwell Banker spokesman said Carson had frequently used.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investorless than 1 hour ago 6962 Wildlife Rd, Malibu, which was once home to Johnny Carson. Picture supplied: Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and Hilton & HylandThe home was designed in 1978. It has a double triangle shaped living room, and a 30-foot high glass ceiling.There is a sunken indoor copper and glass fireplace in the living room which flows into an upper lounge area and an Asian-inspired bar. The former home of Johnny Carson at Malibu. Picture supplied: Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and Hilton & HylandChris Cortazzo of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and Linda May of Hilton & Hyland are marketing the estate.center_img Inside the luxurious home. Picture supplied: Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and Hilton & HylandThe home has most recently been owned by Sidney and Caroline Kimmel.Mr Kimmel is the Founder of Jones Apparel Group and Sidney Kimmel Entertainment which has produced movies including The Kite Runner and Moneyball. The estate, which was once home to US television entertainer Johnny Carson has been listed for sale.THE home of the late comedy legend Johnny Carson has hit the market with a price tag of more than $104 million (AUD).The Malibu oceanfront estate was home to Carson for nearly 20 years and has now been listed for sale for the first time in a decade through Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and Hilton & Hyland.last_img read more

LNP star keeps foot in old electorate

first_img MORE: Karmichael Hunt lists Brisbane home The family kept the property after Crisafulli lost his bid to win his Townsville seat in the 2015 election. MORE: Darren Palmer reveals the colour of 2019 David Crisafulli is now Member for Broadwater on the Gold Coast with fresh issues such as derelict houseboats sinking in the Broadwater. Picture: Genevieve Faulkner. The man many political insiders believe could be the next leader of the Queensland Liberals is keeping a foot in his old electorate, despite settling comfortably into the Gold Coast.Former Townsville deputy mayor and Mundingburra MP David Crisafulli had moved to the Gold Coast after losing his seat in the 2015 elections, but rose again in the 2017 election as the Broadwater MP.Now Queensland Shadow Minister for Environment, Science and the Great Barrier Reef, Mr Crisafulli has decided to hang on to a three bedroom lowset investment property in Townsville currently registered under his wife Tegan. The Crisafulli investment home in Townsville is up for rent. More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus14 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market14 hours ago The property is up for rent at $220 a week.The Condon property is up for rent at $220 a week and available for tenancy now.It was listed by Townsville agency Northern Realty West End as “a great home for a small family” with “a large fully fenced yard which is close to nearby schools, public transport, sporting fields and shops”. It’s also airconditioned with security screens throughout.The family moved to a four bedroom waterfront home on Hope Island in mid 2015 after the former QLD Minister for Local Government lost his seat along with several members of Campbell Newman’s government. FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOKlast_img read more

Royal IHC launches Subsea 7’s new reel-lay vessel Seven Vega

first_imgSubsea 7 and Royal IHC launched the fully integrated reel-lay vessel Seven Vega on Saturday, May 25, 2019. Seven Vega; Source: Royal IHCFollowing an announcement made by Subsea 7 last Friday that the Seven Vega vessel was ready for a launch and naming ceremony, Royal IHC said on Sunday that the ceremony took place at its shipyard in Krimpen aan den IJssel, The Netherlands, and was performed by Monica Th. Bjørkmann, Vice President for Subsea 7 in Norway.Stuart Fitzgerald, Executive Vice President Strategy and Commercial Subsea 7 said: “The vessel marks an important investment for the future. When delivered in early 2020, Seven Vega will be one of the most capable and cost-effective reel-lay vessels in the market and a global enabler for Subsea 7. It has been designed to deliver flowline technologies that address the growing market trend towards longer and more complex tie-back developments.“The vessel’s cutting-edge pipelay system focuses on crew safety, operational efficiency and flexibility. This system will be capable of installing complex rigid flowlines including pipe-in-pipe systems and electrically heat traced flowlines in water depths up to 3000m.”Dave Vander Heyde, CEO Royal IHC: “Our partnership with Subsea 7 has again proven to be successful and we are pleased to add more value to their advanced fleet. The integrated approach of IHC to vessel design, will give Subsea 7 an industry leading asset that sets a new standard in offshore pipelay.”IHC designed Seven Vega in close cooperation with Subsea 7. The vessel will be capable of installing complex rigid flowlines including pipe-in-pipe systems.Royal IHC said that the vessel’s compact dimensions are a result of the creative positioning of its three engine rooms and main reel, efficient use of the superstructure, and low air draft pipelay tower. The smart use of space opens up a large aft working deck, while the optimized mass distribution minimizes the ballast water requirement, IHC added.Seven Vega has an overall length of 149m, a breadth of 33m and a Class 3 dynamic positioning system. Its reel-lay system has a 600t top tension capacity consisting of a 32m main reel and a 17m auxiliary reel with a maximum storage capacity of 5,600t and 1,600t respectively. It is fitted with cranes offering a lifting capacity of 250t and 50t, and mutiple smaller cranes alongside two side-launching work-class ROV systems.This reel-lay vessel is the ninth vessel IHC will deliver to Subsea 7. The delivery represents a fully integrated pipelay vessel equipped with a pipelay system designed, engineered and built by IHC.Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Offshore Energy Today, established in 2010, is read by over 10,000 industry professionals daily. We had nearly 9 million page views in 2018, with 2.4 million new users. This makes us one of the world’s most attractive online platforms in the space of offshore oil and gas and allows our partners to get maximum exposure for their online campaigns. If you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today contact our marketing manager Mirza Duran for advertising options.last_img read more

Daughter of Zimbabwe minister found dead in Cape Town

first_imgThe daughter of Zimbabwean higher education minister Jonathan Moyo has been found dead in her flat in Cape Town, the University of Cape Town said on Sunday.Zanele Moyo was a student at UCT.Zanele Moyo was a student at UCT.“Moyo… was found dead in her private, off-campus flat on Saturday morning,” said UCT spokesperson Gerda Kruger in a statement. “The cause of death has not been confirmed.” A police investigation would be carried out.  Lucas said that the 20-year-old was in her second year, majoring in gender, political and international relations studies. “The death of any student is a tragedy for the entire university. On behalf of the UCT community I extend heartfelt condolences to Professor and Mrs Moyo and their family, as well as to Zanele’s friends, lecturers and classmates.”Kruger said counselling was available for any of those affected.last_img read more

Why They Leave

first_imgThere has been a lot of talk recently on the mass exodus of Indiana basketball talent from the state’s high schools to out-of-state colleges. I have been quite vocal on this exodus. It really grips me that Purdue and IU get most of their star players from states other than Indiana. IU did have a few good Indiana players as well as Purdue, but either could have won a national championship if all those players who played for Duke, Michigan, and Ohio State had stayed home. I think most of it is image. IU is starting to get its image back, but still lacks the “I need to go there to be seen”. Purdue had it a few years ago, but lately it seems to be “I would go anywhere but there”. This is really a shame because Purdue’s track record in education takes a back seat to no one, and the IU business school is rated as high as any place else in the USA. I know one problem Purdue has is that the athletes are not only expected, but are demanded, to be in class. Not all schools do this. If some stories are true, a national championship team had several players who attended no classes the second semester of that season. This is obviously not right. One way to improve the situation is to win consistently again. Just check with IU when Coach Crean came on the scene. Players, I can guarantee you that the national press will find you if you can play like Thomas did last season at Ohio State. Have a little pride in your state and stay at home. I think more of Bryant McIntosh of Greensburg each time I consider his desire to go to Indiana State.last_img read more

Girl, 9, killed in I-74 crash near Batesville

first_imgBATESVILLE, Ind. – A 9-year-old girl died in a crash on I-74 near Batesville Saturday night.The child was a passenger in an eastbound vehicle near the 147 mile marker that lost control, hit a tree and rolled several times.Indiana State Police did not release the identity of the child. She was rushed to Margaret Mary Health where she died.The driver, Scott Borgmann, of Cedar Grove, was also taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.The crash remains under investigation.last_img

Pregnancy-related care bill authored by Leising clears committee

first_imgIndianapolis, In. — A bill authored by Republican state senator from Oldenburg, Jean Leising that would allow minors to receive pregnancy-related care today passed the Senate Committee on Health and Provider Services by a bipartisan vote of 10-1.Senate Bill 352 would allow minors who are at least 16 years old to consent to healthcare if they are pregnant, in labor or postpartum.“Many young women are coming into hospitals across our state to deliver a child, but they are unable to receive basic care unless the situation becomes serious because their parents or guardian are not present,” Leising said. “Not all pregnant minors have parental support. For the safety of the mother and baby, we need to make sure these women are able to consent to necessary care, as Indiana already has high maternal and infant mortality rates.”According to America’s Health Rankings by the United Health Foundation, Indiana’s maternal mortality rate was twice the national average in 2018. The report also found that 7.4 infant deaths occurred per 1,000 live births in 2018 compared to 5.9 infant deaths per 1,000 live births nationwide.SB 352 will now move to the full Senate for consideration.last_img read more

Table tennis: African Senior Championships postponed

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians The African Table Tennis Federation has postponed this year’s ITTF-Africa Senior Championships, which serves as the continental qualification for the World Championship, to 2021.In a statement signed by the ATTF President, Khaled El-Salhy, the postponement became necessary owing to COVID-19 pandemic, which has halted sporting activities globally. El-Salhy said: “I wish to inform all table tennis friends and colleagues in your country, the importance of a safe and healthy lifestyle in the current circumstances due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.“On Thursday 2nd July 2020, the ATTF Executive Committee had an online meeting to discuss the case for the ATTF Calendar of 2020 which had been suspended earlier until further notice.“We are closely monitoring the global and continental situation day-by-day to come back to you with the following decision.“We acknowledge the continuation and expansion of the pandemic in the whole world and consequently in Africa, as there is no guaranteed medicine or vaccine available. Even normal international travel will not be possible till the end of 2020.“Exact new dates for both events to be announced soon after checking the 2021 ITTF Calendar to ensure no conflict with other world sanctioned international events to provide better planning to your top players and national teams.” The ITTF Africa Youth, Junior and Cadet Championships was to be held in Madagascar in April, ITTF-Africa Senior Championships in Cameroon in October.Nigeria and Egypt are the defending champions in the team events, while Aruna Quadri of Nigeria and Dina Meshref are the singles champions of the ITTF-Africa Senior Championships, having emerged winners at the 2018 edition held in Mauritius.Tags: African Senior ChampionshipsATTFCOVID-19PostponementTABLE TENNISlast_img read more

Nasty Weather Halts COVID Testing at South Florida Drive-thru Sites

first_imgState officials said they will close 10 drive-thru testing sites and four walk-up locations in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Brevard counties, including the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.Two drive-up sites in Broward County, CB Smith Park in Pembroke Pines and the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale, will close along with two walk-up sites, Mitchell Moore Park and the Urban League.The closures come as Florida was testing 16,000 to 24,000 persons a day, according to state estimates. Florida’s percentage of new positive tests has ranged from 2% to 5% over the past two weeks. The windy rainy weather from a disturbance off the South Florida coast has prompted emergency management officials to close 14 state-run COVID-19 test sites on Friday and reopen them Monday.The low-pressure weather system is forecast to produce wind gusts of up to 40 miles per hour, lightning and thunderstorms with heavy rain.There remains a high chance of a tropical or subtropical storm forming near the northwestern Bahamas during the next day or two. Here are the latest Key Messages on the system. For more details visit https://t.co/tW4KeFW0gB pic.twitter.com/9vktPh0IfN— National Hurricane Center (@NHC_Atlantic) May 15, 2020last_img read more