West Bromwich Albion manager Steve Clarke said it would be unfair to put his side’s 2-1 win over Chelsea down to the visitors making changes to their team.Juan Mata, Oscar and Ramires were all left out of the starting line-up for the game.“It would be wrong to talk about leaving one or two perceived big players out and not how well we did,” the Blues legend said after his side’s 2-1 win.“They have quality players; they leave some out and they put some in.“Teams have to rest players. They have to travel all around the world and playing a lot is difficult for players, especially creative players.”See also:Chelsea slump to defeat at West 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
DETROIT — The Warriors’ 131-128 overtime loss to the Toronto Raptors on Thursday did not serve as an NBA Finals preview. Instead, it highlighted a few realities.The Warriors (15-8) will become significantly better once Stephen Curry returns for Saturday’s game against the Detroit Pistons (11-7) after missing the past 11 games with a strained left groin. Ditto for whenever Draymond Green (right toe), DeMarcus Cousins (left Achilles) and Alfonzo McKinnie (left ankle) return. Kevin Durant is an …
Download or listen to the podacst here
18 February 2014The University of Mpumalanga, South Africa’s newest university, will officially start its academic year on Wednesday, Professor Ramaranka Mogotlane, the university’s head of academic affairs, announced this week.“Registration took place on February 14, and this week we have started with orientation until the official academic opening of the university on Wednesday,” Mogotlane said in a statement on Monday.The university, which was officially opened in October last year, currently offers three programmes: a bachelor degree in agriculture, a bachelor degree in education (foundation phase) and a national diploma in hospitality.CampusesThis is Mpumalanga’s first university – and also the first to be built by the democratically elected government. Another is being completed in the Northern Cape. Named the Sol Plaatje University, its intake will be 5 000 students.The agriculture courses will be offered at the university’s main campus which is based at the Lowveld Agricultural College in Mbombela (Nelspruit), while the the Siyabuswa campus will specialise in teacher education. The hospitality school is in KaNyamazane.Mogotlane said the programmes are under the patronage of the University of Johannesburg and the University of Pretoria.“We are working with the universities of Pretoria and Johannesburg for quality oversight, assessment and continuous improvement,” said Mogotlane, adding that a staff improvement and development programme would be introduced.The last university built in South Africa was Rand Afrikaans University (RAU), 46 years ago. It has since been renamed the University of Johannesburg following a merger with Technikon Witswatersrand and Vista University in 2005.SAinfo reporter and SAnews.gov.za
For the second year in a row, Indore has been declared India’s cleanest city, followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh, according to the Swachh Sarvekshan 2018 rankings announced on Saturday. Jharkhand was ranked the best performing state, followed by Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.At the bottom of the pile, the dirtiest city with a population over one lakh, was Bhadreswar in West Bengal. In fact, 19 of the country’s 25 dirtiest cities lie in West Bengal, according to the Survey. The nationwide urban cleanliness survey, conducted by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, covered 4,203 cities in its third iteration. The first version of the survey, released in 2016, ranked only 73 cities, while last year’s rankings covered 434 cities.Cities’ cleanliness scores take into account data provided by urban local bodies, independent observation by Central assessors, as well as citizen feedback. “The objective of the survey is to encourage large-scale citizen participation and create awareness amongst all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live in,” said a Ministry statement. Overall, 38 lakh citizens provided feedback this year.This year, while national rankings were issued for the 485 cities with a population of over one lakh, zonal rankings were determined for smaller cities. Bundu in Jharkhand (East), Kakching in Manipur (North East), Panchgani in Maharashtra (West), Siddipet in Telengana (South) and Bhadson in Punjab (North) were declared winners among these smaller cities. Delhi Cantonment was awarded as the cleanest Cantonment Board in the country.
Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games “I think we all agree that we need to make a change,” Silver said. “As I’ve said before, our position, at least our formal position, going into bargaining was that we wanted to raise the minimum age from 19 to 20, and of course their formal position was they want to lower the age from 19 to 18.“I think it’s one of those issues that we need to come together and study.”There were six rookies this season who averaged 10 points per game or more; none were teenagers. One of the advantages that could come from raising the age minimum to 20 would be that players may be more ready for the pro game. Silver said he has talked to many veteran players, who have a sense that the 19-year-olds “are not coming in game-ready.”Other highlights in Silver’s annual Finals media availability included:All-Star in CharlotteADVERTISEMENT BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast “I’ve known Steve for probably close to 25 years and my heart goes out to him,” Silver said. “As he and I talked about, it puts this all in perspective.”Kerr hasn’t coached Golden State — 12-0 heading into its third straight Finals against LeBron James and the Cavs — since Game 2 of the first round against Portland. He underwent a procedure to repair a spinal fluid leak on May 5 at Duke University but said he is still ailing and in debilitating pain.Chinese playersSilver said it’s frustrating to him that basketball-crazed China does not have a player in the league.“There’s probably more basketball being played in China than anywhere else in the world, and more NBA basketball is being watched in China than anywhere else in the world,” Silver said. “It’s something I’ve talked to Yao Ming a lot about. We all have to do collectively a better job training the best players in China.” LATEST STORIES Argentina begins new era under coach Sampaoli NBA Commissioner Adam Silver speaks at a news conference before Game 1 of basketball’s NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers in Oakland, California. APNBA Commissioner Adam Silver wants the NBA’s draft-eligibility rules changed.To what, he isn’t sure.ADVERTISEMENT BSP survey: PH banks see bright horizon amid dark global recession clouds Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games Palace: Duterte to hear out security execs on alleged China control of NGCP Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Every 18 seconds someone is diagnosed with HIV Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Silver defended the NBA’s decision to return the All-Star Game to Charlotte in 2019, after taking it away and moving it to New Orleans this season in response to the state’s law restricting the rights and anti-discrimination protections for LGBT people.A deal to repeal that law was struck in March, though critics have said it does not go far enough.“We had said to the legislative leaders we will consider coming back in 2019, if you change the law,” Silver said. “The law was changed. Sufficient, is a tough … the answer is yes. They made incremental progress. And I felt, in part, there is a role that the league can play in demonstrating what equality looks like to a community.”Silver said taking All-Star weekend to Charlotte could serve as an example of what it looks like to be non-discriminatory, “and my hope is that by setting that example we can unify people and that the state will follow.”Phil JacksonSilver said he did not consider disciplining New York Knicks President Phil Jackson for comments suggesting that Knicks star Carmelo Anthony should be traded.Jackson’s comments raised the ire of the players’ union, which pointed out that players risk being fined if they lobby for trades publicly.“There’s never been a history in this league of fining a team and disciplining a team executive for talking about trading a player,” Silver said.Kerr’s healthSilver met with Golden State coach Steve Kerr before Thursday’s game, and expressed regret for the health issues that are keeping the Warriors’ coach off the sideline. Less than a month away from a draft where about 20 players who completed just one year of college will be welcomed into the league, Silver expects the so-called “one-and-done” rule to be modified — somehow — before too long. But in saying that, Silver also acknowledged that even he isn’t certain what makes the most sense going forward.“My sense is it’s not working for anyone,” Silver said Thursday (Friday Manila time) before Game 1 of the NBA Finals. “It’s not working for the college coaches and athletic directors I hear from. They’re not happy with the current system. And I know our teams aren’t happy either, in part because they don’t necessarily think the players who are coming into the league are getting the kind of training that they would expect to see.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutIt’s been just over a decade since the NBA and the players union agreed on a rule in that says players either need to be 19 years old or be one year removed from high school before being eligible for the draft. There are arguments for raising the minimum age to 20, there are arguments for getting rid of the rule altogether.Silver said he expects to have more talks in the coming months with the union about the topic. BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast View comments
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Lewis says the clock would be “not a rule change, just a visible device on the court to manage the rule.”Players have 25 seconds to prepare after a point for the next first serve. They are first warned, then assessed a fault for the second violation.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsWimbledon will have a 38 million pounds ($49.5 million) prize fund this year and give the men’s and women’s singles champions a 4.4% raise to 2.35 million pounds ($3.06 million).First-round losers get a 15% raise to 45,000 pounds ($58,600). FILE – A detailed shot of a serve clock is seen in Louis Armstrong Stadium prior to the start of the 2018 US Open at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on August 24, 2018 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City. Mike Stobe/Getty Images for USTA/AFPLONDON — Wimbledon is “highly likely” at the 2020 tournament to introduce a serve clock for players that debuted in Grand Slams at last year’s US Open.Tournament CEO Richard Lewis detailed the timetable at a news conference on Tuesday which announced a near-12% raise in prize money for the July 1-14 edition.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:15DOH wants a drug rehab center in every region00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte View comments Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated MOST READ PBA D-League: Metropac-San Beda clobbers Trinity, rises to 1st place tie with CEU Wimbledon’s No. 1 court will have a new retractable roof and increased capacity of 12,345.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid
Vine/Dan LyonsOklahoma’s Buddy Hield is this year’s Big 12 Player of the Year, and for good reason. The junior shooting guard does everything for the Sooners, and in tonight’s Round of 32 game against Dayton, that includes making a crucial block on a fast break lay-up attempt that could have cut the Oklahoma lead to two points. Dayton guard Darrell Davis stole the ball from OU’s Jordan Woodard, and immediately took off for the hoop. As he released the ball, Hield made a fantastic play to reject the shot out of his hand. Instead of a two-point game, Oklahoma was fouled and extended the lead.Oklahoma finished the game with a 72-66 win, and will face Michigan State in the Sweet 16 at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY.
Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele is set to join Chinese club Guangzhou R&F as he will be travelling to Hong Kong to undergo a medical.Skysports reports Spurs have been receiving several offers from China as Super League side Beijing Sinobo Guoan tabled an offer which the club accepted but an acceptable offer has now been made by Guangzhou R&FThe Belgium international has spent six-and-a-half-years with Tottenham and it is likely that this window will bring an end to his stay with the North London side as his contract expires at the end of the season.Mousa Dembele backs Gareth Bale’s shock China move Andrew Smyth – July 28, 2019 Mousa Dembele believes his former Tottenham team-mate Gareth Bale will find things “easy” in China and hopes the Real Madrid player makes the move.Dembele has not played for Spurs since November due to an ankle injury and has reportedly been keen on a move to China since the summer.It is still unclear who will replace Dembele at Spurs but the club have been monitoring the likes of Tanguy Ndombele, Abdoulaye Doucoure and Donny van de Beek.Tottenham hope to retain their top four position this season.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppLondon, 14 Oct 2014 – A courtesy call on Queen Elizabeth II by Bahamas Governor General H.E. Dame Marguerite Pindling at Buckingham Palace today. This visit is part of state visit by the Governor General to London to attend an investiture. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Related Items:courtesy call, margaruite pinding, queen elizabeth II Public Holiday on Monday; Queen’s Birthday Honor parade in Grand Turk HAITIAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE pays courtesy call on Premier Rufus Ewing